Thursday 16 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - Sick puppy

October 15 2014

     In retrospect I guess it started last night. I had a tickle in my throat that wouldn't go away. When I woke up this morning that tickle had become a scratch. I lay in bed for about 45 minutes trying to decide how I felt. I was feeling an all too familiar pressure in my lower back to go with my scratchy throat. That's when the phone rings. It wasn't until I tried to talk that I realised how sore my throat was. It was Momma Lee. She has chronically low blood pressure.
Sometimes when she's trying to exert herself her blood pressure drops even lower causing lightheadedness.
I have discussed it with her doctor and it's caused by Parkinsons and the meds she is on.
     I calmed her down and explained again what the doctor had told me and by the time the conversation was over everything was alright. Getting old can be a scary place. I couldn't very well go to the care facility if I have some kind of strep throat or even a cold. They'll be calling me Typhoid Squatchy. I did go into the lobby and talk to the nurse there. She was satisfied that Momma Lee was fully recovered.
     Still not feeling well from there I went down to get an oil change in Port Moody. I had a Groupon for Mobil Lube Express $29. They checked all the fluids and filters and
didn't even try to bone me. Until I paid. Like I said I wasn't feeling well. I never even read the bill I just give them my credit card and put in the numbers. I was feeling worse by the minute.
     When I get home I look at the bill and I paid $54 on top of the $29 I already paid for the Groupon! I called down on the way back to the shop, hands free of course.They were very apologetic. I was the only one there when they changed my oil so I had 3 people working on the truck at once. The Groupon got lost in the shuffle. They refunded the full bill
and I paid the $3.50 sales tax on the Groupon. The taxman always gets his pound of flesh!
     I lay down for a nap until Lisa got home the scratch in my throat was now being made with a brillo pad! And I might have a kidney infection or worse a stone. I get them every once in awhile I don't know why, neither does the Doctor. It's like someone has a thumb pressed into my kidney. I have hardly eaten anything all day and I am still not hungry. For the first time since May 2, I never took a single picture.
Here's one from a bygone era. When I was feeling better. Of course I was feeling better, I was 16!
That was more than forty years ago and today, I feel lousy and I'm going to bed!

That's all I got.
Till next time
Peace Out Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment