Thursday 2 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - Don't be such a pussy!

October 1, 2014
Ducking the truth

     Today was a day of contradictions, on the one hand I had an appointment with my Doctor to go over the results of my blood work. I had my yearly physical a couple of weeks ago and the lab work was the last of it. I have a great Doctor. He's from Newfoundland and looks like he'd be just as happy gutting a cod fish as he is checking your prostate. Everything was excellent. Blood pressure, Blood glucose, cholesterol, which surprised me, because I am not taking anything for it. The statins make me sick. I'm guessing that's the power of diet and exercise. Which I didn't do today. Well the diet part I did.
     I had three things to see the Doctor about. First were the results of the tests. He says I'm in the best shape he has ever seen me in and he has been my Doctor for twenty years. The second thing was my groin. He checked the range of motion and basically said "Suck it up Alice, take it easy for a day or two and you'll be fine." The third thing was this wart I have on my finger. It's right on the joint and we have been trying to get rid of it for about three years. He has nuked this thing repeatedly. Last year we thought we had it but two months ago, it came back with a vengeance. He treated it two weeks ago and after about a week the top of it fell off. Possibly into a lettuce wrap. I didn't actually notice it fall off. I only noticed it was gone, during lunch. 
The root of my pain
He said we were down to the roots now and this would sting a little bit. To put it into a vernacular that a down home boy could understand "Lord tunderin Jasus, B'y, I need that friggin thing!" and it still hasn't stopped hurting. At any rate the Doctor is happy and I'm happy, if a little bit whiny.
     That all happened at 10:30. At 8 when the alarm went off, I went to swing my legs out of bed. That's when my groin decided I should be a little more careful with the swinging leg thing. I was still sitting on the bed, albeit with the local news on, when the door bell rang.  Jen and Christo stopped in for a visit after dropping Bella off at school. His preschool doesn't start till 9:30. Jen has been very busy with work and her Mom, Sharon, has been looking after the Grandkids. We had a nice little visit while I got myself a coffee. I will be picking Bella up tomorrow after school. I hope it's a nice day. I plan on taking the trampoline down this weekend so it would be nice if they could use it. They came back today after school and bounced for a half hour or so. 
     I once again went into my office and when I pulled myself off the Casio it was 10:10. My appointment is at 10:20 and I'm still in my Pyjamas. No problem, Doctor's are always behind. I brushed my teeth as I pulled on my pants, not as easy as you would think. I have an electric toothbrush and it tickles if I try to hold it with my teeth. I hate that! I pull on the T shirt that is hanging behind the bathroom door without even taking a sniff! I didn't want to know. Sometimes, I'm such a guy, I was like, 25 feet from a dresser full of clean T shirts. Yet somehow, in my lizard brain this made sense. I checked in and hadn't even made it to a chair, when they called my name. Perfect timing. 
     Pleased with myself but suffering from finger pain, I went home and eased my suffering with a nice breakfast.
Pork and Eggs
     I was having a hard time just getting down stairs so I decided to skip my workout for a day or two. That doesn't mean that I was going to lie around. I packed up the dogs and my guitar and headed back to Como Lake. The weather wasn't as nice as yesterday but it was still nice enough.
Walking was not so bad on my groin. The path around the lake is pretty level. It was busy there at noon. Lots of people fishing.
I always see people fishing but I never see them catching. But now I have a spy keeping an eye on them for me, well actually eight eyes.
Shhhhh, the lake is bugged
I went to the lake with the dogs before I went to see Momma Lee so they could pay their respects to the Poop Fairy at the lake. Once around was all we ended up doing. I think I'll take the Doc's advice and kick back for a day.
     I went over to Momma Lee's, took the guitar in and played for an hour. My brother in law Peter was there for lunch and a visit. I played some old country songs, a few of my own and even had a couple of them up dancing when I played a little Elvis. Between the music and the two dogs going from person to person, I like to think we brightened up their day. Personally, I've never met the audience I didn't like. At 1:30 they throw me out for bingo. Under the G...Goodbye!
     From Momma Lee's, me and my posse went to Walmart for dog food. I know people who go to extreme lengths to ensure that their pet gets nothing but the best , high priced, organic, good enough to eat yourself food for their four legged baby. I'm not one of them. 
Sammy Buttmunch Junior
I fed my last dog, Sammy Buttmunch Junior, Old Roy Dog Food from Walmart. I bought it the first time because if you add water to it, it makes gravy. Who doesn't like gravy. The fact that I fed it to Sammy for eighteen of his nearly twenty healthy years was just a bonus. Elvis and Nutmeg love it. Elvis is almost thirteen and that's all we've ever fed him. Sometimes, I let them hunt their own!
You want a piece of me!!!!
I made my way home and like I said earlier, Jen and the kids showed up to play on the trampoline. It was a longer, nicer visit than this morning. We sat out in the yard while the kids bounced around talking about nothing and enjoying the warmth of the sun. When Jen left I went in and turned on the Baseball game. San Fransisco beat the bejesus out of the Pirates. The Pirates are out, the Steelers suck, the 76ers are predicted to win only 15 games this year and Crosby is hurt! Not a good time to be a Pittsburger!
     Lisa was going to be home late so I had meatballs and salad for dinner. When Lisa got home about 8:30 she had a bite to eat and we talked about her day. In the last week she has scalded her foot, fell in the truck and has a bruise running the length of her forearm, burnt the inside of her elbow on an oven rack, has a sore neck and is waiting for a hernia operation. I told her about my finger, do I get any sympathy? Noooo. She lists off her wounds and tells me " Don't be such a pussy!!"  A pussy!!! That doesn't seem right. Does it? My finger hurts. Women are used to pain. They give birth right? In retrospect I have to admit Lisa's biggest pain, just might be me.

That's all I got. 
Till next time.
Peace Out Y'all

©2014 Dave Squatch Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment