Friday 3 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - Teriyakin my ear off.

October 2, 2014
Bella and the Fascinator

     I can't say I was 100% when the alarm went off this morning. My finger was still throbbing and my groin was still pulled. And no, not that caught in the bathroom by your Mom pulling your groin, groin pull. The kind where the pain is more than emotional. Sorry I just think saying groin pull is funny. Maybe not. I didn't exercise at all yesterday and it bugs me. I was bound and determined to get in some kind of a workout. I started with a cup of Java. Lisa was up before me so it was brewed, not instant. That means I'll drink twice as many cups as usual. I should have lots of energy.Between cups I slowly warmed up my groin. I took about fifteen minutes stretching out my legs, back and groin. Lisa was trying to get me to take the day off but I took yesterday off. "If it hurts too much I'll stop" I said "How much is too much?' she asked. "I'll quit when I start crying" I quipped "You're going to hurt yourself worse! You're such an asshole" she replied lovingly. I grabbed my camera and headed to the stairwell.
     The first thing I do is turn on the stereo. The Canucks are playing tonight so I have it tuned to TEAM 1040. I get a better workout when I'm listening to talk radio. When I have the tunes on, I always start singing along, then I lose count.
1000 Four Stair Stretches, half with two pound weights in each hand. It was a little uncomfortable getting my left leg up onto the fourth stair. Other than that it hardly hurt at all.
I was concerned about doing the One Stair Steps particularly when I was leading with my left leg. 
With weights in hand, I did my usual 200 steps. I was glad when I was done. You would think that the stairs would be the hardest on the groin, Au contraire. Two Belly Crunches and I was done. I never even tried a Situp. I saddled up the Iron Maiden and rode as hard as I could for thirty minutes.

I gathered up my belongings and headed up stairs. Happy that I got in some of my workout.
Oh Yeah!!
I posed for my apres workout vanity shot. When I flex like this, my eyes bulge out, my muscles.....not so much. While I was doing my workout, our friend Alida showed up from the Island. Alida is going to be in town for four or five days. She has a Doctors appointment and is picking up her new cat.
Alida comes for a visit
After another cup of coffee and a visit with Alida I was in the shower thinking about what I was going to have for breakfast/lunch, because it was almost noon. I got out of the shower and Alida had left. Lisa was on the phone with Brother Steve. " Do you want to go to Tentatsu for lunch with Steve?" I think it's so cute when she asks me about things that she's already decided for me. As I was getting dressed for lunch. Lisa called our friend Syntra who has a company called Absolutely Fascinated that makes Fascinators. Lisa had promised Bella one. We arranged to stop by and pick one up on our way to the restaurant. We were as usual running late.
     It was 1:20 when we rolled in for our 1:00 rendezvous with Steve. I think they have the best lunch deal in the city. For $7 I had Sumonomo, Green salad with ginger dressing, Chicken Karage and Chicken Teriyaki. 
" DRROOOOOOOL"

It was marvellous as it always is. The food is always fresh and perfectly prepared. If you like Japanese this is the place. Lisa had the same but with Miso and a California roll. She's getting really pissed with a girl at work. She vented the whole time we were in the car.
Teriyaki my ear off!
Steve had Spicy Tuna Sashimi and a yam roll.
Sashimi Steve
It was now 2:10 and I was picking up Bella and Matty from school at 2:50. On the highway at Hastings and with the HOV lane beckoning emptily, we were home by 2:30. Standing in the schoolyard by myself I don't get as many stairs as I used to as people recognise me. Nobody has talked to me yet. I'm okay with that. Years ago, when I would pick up Ami, I talked to these people. Oh yeah , trying to be nice , making helpful suggestions and showing a little interest. Next thing I know, I'm cornered by a clipboard carrying cougar who wants to now which days are best for me to volunteer. i put an end to that in a hurry " I don't have a child of my own in the school, I'm just doing a favour for my friend, technically I may already be in violation of my parole." I like it better when they don't talk to me.
     I met Bella and Matty. Six year olds never stop talking. Fortunately they don't listen either so if you just nod or grunt every once in a while they just keep talking. With two of them they not only talk at the same time but correct each other constantly. When we got home Lisa gave Bella her Fascinator.
Finally the Fascinator!
Next door Gord and his wife Alice were out in their yard and we called them over to give them the Sockeye that Christian had left for them. Then Alice went and got a couple of Dilly Bars for the kids. 
They're little kids. I could have easily taken their ice cream. They played on the trampoline for an hour or so then Bella said she was ready to go home.
Bella and Matty on the bounce.
I watched hockey. The Canucks won. I watched Baseball, the Orioles beat up the Tigers and K.C. squeaked by the Angels in extra innings. Mixed in with another Thursday night NFL dud The Packers embarrassed the Vikings. I was trapped in Tiny TV Town living the dream! Lisa watched game shows on the big screen. I came out to eat dinner with Lisa and watch an episode of Family Feud. 
Meatballs, schnitzel and Salad

I went back to Tiny TV Town to watch the end of the games when I relalised that she wasn't going to let me have the big screen. I tucked Lisa in about 10:00. Then I got sucked into this stupid computer game and wasted two hours I could have wasted doing something else equally unimportant.

That's all I got.
Till next time.
Peace Out Y'all


 ©2014 Dave Squatch Ward     

No comments:

Post a Comment