Thursday 30 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - Four minutes invested in this

October 29 2014
Como Lake on Wednesday Afternoon
      Papa Squatch Dayscare was up and running at 8:15. I had already been up for half an hour and had two cups of Joe in me. Today was a school day for both Bella and Christo, so really it was more like Papa Squatch Dayscare lite! Christo and I walk Bella across the street to school at 8:45. Christo's school day doesn't start till 9:3o. He had a yogurt and played with Nutmeg for about 15 minutes and then I took him to preschool. Or is it play school? I don't care what they call it, he loves it. He goes for two and a half hours 3 days a week.
Squinty McDuck
So by the time I drop him off and do a quick shop its almost 11 o'clock. I got in another hour of practice on the lap steel.
Your Cheatin Heart is starting to sound like Your Cheatin Heart
and the grandkids can sing along to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
The lap steel learning curve is annoying the crap out of the lovely Lisa! I'm only allowed to play it when she's not here. Bella and Christo on the other hand have no issues with it.
      The meeting I was to have at eleven o'clock downtown was canceled. I had arranged to pick up  Christo at 1 o'clock instead of noon. Because they were giving us the extra time I went and picked him up about 12:30. I could have picked him up at the regular time but there was some discussion about wether or not he could stay late . I was told he could, but Jen was told he couldn't. I took advantage just to set a precedent. If I need to be late I won't worry about him. When I got there they were just sitting down to lunch.
Christo  had already taken two bites out of a cheese sandwich. I would have just hung out and let him finish his lunch but I had both the dogs in the car.
      I went through the drive thru at Rotten Ronnies and got him a McDouble and a small fries.
The best cheeseburger ever, according to Christo

By the time he finished his lunch, we only had about an hour before it was time to go pick up Bella. I let him go into the bedroom and watch a Disney show. Bananas in Pyjamas. What the hell is that? Banana coloured phallic symbols running around in pyjamas!
Maybe that's why Christo  won't eat bananas!
      I played my guitar and watched sports center until it was time to go pick up Bella. We got over to the school about five minutes before the bell. Plenty of time for Christo to go check out the playground equipment. He's got it scoped pretty good.
He comes back to me as soon as the bell rings. We gather up Bella and she tells me about her day as we make the two minute walk home. 
      I got a text message from their dad Christian. He was finished work and was coming to get the kids. I texted him to just go home. I was taking the kids and the dogs to Como Lake and then to see Mama Lee.  
Monster Children
I would drop them off at home before dinner time. Going to the lake with two dogs and two kids is a whole different experience.
I'm at least one arm and two sets of eyes short of actually being in control of the situation. There's a lot of interesting stuff to look at when you're walking around the lake.
They forgot their skates anyway.
Elvis and nutmeg are off leash on the back side of the lake,
away from the traffic. Bella and Christo  take every opportunity to throw whatever they can find,  a stick or a stone into the lake.

We saw lots of little fish and a bunch of finches in the bushes.
We put the leashes on the dogs at the north end of the lake
Bella walks Nutmeg and Christo walks Elvis. I do nothing.

Halfway down the lake is a playground. I sit with the dogs outside the playground while the kids slide and swing and all that good kid stuff.

Christo  went once down the slide and came  running over to me
"I got to go pee Papa, I gotta go pee" he said with a sense of urgency.
"Okay, let's go"I said as I called for Bella. "Hang on Christo, we're almost there!"
"I gotta pee fast Papa!"  We made it! He's only four and he hasn't had an accident in a long while. He used to get so upset.
Back to the playground we go. I let the kids play in the playground for about 20 minutes. Bella was much more interested in collecting leaves than she was in playing on the swings.

Nutmeg was collecting leaves too!

      Then dogs and kids in hand, we invaded Mama Lee's. Our timing could not have been worse. After spending five minutes looking for Mama Lee, and listening to Christo complain about having to walk up and down the hallways, I finally asked the duty nurse where she was. She didn't know. So now, she is walking up and down the hallways that I had just walked up and down looking for Mama Lee. Mama Lee can't leave on her own , she is not physically able to. Our concern is that she fell out of her chair and can't get back into it. We were just getting ready to call 911, when a care aide said she was helping Mama Lee take a shower. I had to take the kids home for dinner so they never did get to see Mama Lee. Mama Lee was more disappointed I'm sure.
      I dropped them off at home. I talked to Christian about tonight's Whitecaps game. When I got home, I turned on the Raptors season opener and game 7 of the World Series. Then lisa got home and my sports viewing enjoyment came to a sudden end. I don't even know who won the games. I do know the Whitecaps lost 2 -1 on a bad penalty call by the referee.
      The lovely Lisa, after 15 hours of work went to bed about 10:30. It's now 12:30 and I got Papa Squatch Dayscare in the morning. I am, as it seems to be lately, finishing this the morning after. 
      I was fooling around with my keyboard and filmed this. Kind of a Big Band version of one of my songs. I had fun doing it I hope you enjoy it. Please remember, I have four minutes invested in this! Share if you like.



That's all I got
Till next time
Peace out y'all

©2014 Dave Squatch Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment