Monday 20 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - Two thirds of the notes, but still blowing

October 19, 2014
Autumn and the leaves are falling.

     I'm really starting to feel guilty about this not exercising thing.
I exercised the day before yesterday, and my groin has been throbbing ever since. Now when I was younger, a throbbing groin was a good thing.  Sorry I couldn't help myself with the cheap sexual innuendo. At any rate today is Weigh Day, when I step onto that scale I will be brave. I'm concerned because I have been off my routine and not working out. I have however been even more conscientious with my diet. Somebody told me that the time to weigh yourself is when you first get out of bed that's when you're the lightest. So that's not what I did. I peed then sat down and wrote this while the train of thought was leaving the station. It seemed a lot more important at the time. I'm going to go weigh myself right now. I'll let you all know how it comes out a little bit later.
     By the time I finished my morning rituals and grab a cup of Joe 
it's off to tiny TV town for the Seahawks  game. They are playing the Saint Louis Rams at 10 o'clock. The Seahawks never showed up for the whole first half. The game was dull but the Lap Steel that next door Gord gave me is keeping me amused. 
E  A  E  B  A  E
I can't say the same for Lisa. There is no secret to learning how to do some thing new. Practise, practise, practise!! I was playing through my little practise amp and headphones at the Lovely Lisa's suggestion/ demand. 
D  C  G   D
I get it. First she lived through Brother Steve learning guitar. Which he has done very well. Then me, I started to learn the week after we started going out. Now the lap steel? Often thought of as an annoying acquired taste. By the time the Seahawks were down twenty points, I was picking three songs in three different keys. Poorly, but I am finding the notes.  It shouldn't be too hard. It has big numbers on the fret board. Learn to play by the numbers.
     At half time I made breakfast for Lisa and I with the Square sausage that Annie made from a recipe that she and Willie dragged back from Glasgow. Add in a couple of Cumberland sausage and eggs and there's your Scots Breakfast. 
Square Sausage and eggs
Except I didn't deep fry it. Just regular fried it! The square sausage was excellent. The Cumberland sausage was a little too salty for me.  It couldn't have been that bad though because I ate it, and Lisa's.
     The Seahawks tried hard in the second half but came up two points short. I hung my jersey back in the closet for another week
and told Lisa I was taking the dogs to Como Lake Park for a walk.
She said she wanted to join us so that gave me an extra 20 minutes, minimum!
     When we did finally get going we swing by to say hello to 
Momma Lee. She wants a pair of white Reebok shoes with Velcro ties. They have a group of Jesus Singers who come in every other Sunday to sing hymns. They have a lady with a guitar and a voice so high only dogs can hear her and an old fellow playing harmonica. I was going to make a joke about the old guy but really, he was as old as the residents! Sure he ran out of air a couple of times and played only two thirds of the notes but he's still blowing!
Toothless Willy Brown on harp!
After a visit we Momma Lee we went to Como lake for a walk. It was a beautiful Fall day. 

The leaves were falling and the park was very busy. Elvis was an absolute jerk. We met this couple with a seven month old Lhasa cross. He wanted to play and Elvis, being a cranky old man, just wants to sniff ass and move on. The puppy, which is three times the size of Elvis, pounces on him and Elvis puts the puppy on it's back. End of story. 
Elvis king of the jerk dogs!
Except we let the dogs run off the leash on the back side of the park away from the traffic. Every time Elvis sees this puppy he attacks him. What a jerk! So he got himself short leashed. He hates that.
Doing hard time on a short line!
We did a couple of rounds of the lake. That's two kilometres, if your keeping score. On the second lap we came across a Heron fishing in the stream that runs into the lake. The only thing I've ever seen catch a fish there. There are always a lot of fishermen but I never see anyone land a fish. Just saying.
Lord of the fishes.
I was limping noticeably by the end of the walk. Stupid groin!
     We came home and lisa made chicken for dinner. She used East Indian spices and panko. It smelled so good when it was cooking, I started to drool. 
It was worth the wait. It was delicious. Flavourful without being too hot. There are a lot of spices in the world besides Peppers. With broccoli and a Squatch salad a very nice meal.

As usual on Sunday night Lisa goes to bed early. Her call Monday is 5 am, that's four hours later than usual. She was in bed by 7:30 and I watched another Sunday night blowout football game. Then I watched three episodes of Suits that I had PVR'd
Now I sit in my office typing the last few sentences of my blog. Hoping that I am able to make the every day life of an out of work actor relevant, interesting or even slightly amusing.  Nothing left to do but spill my guts. Well, what's left of them.
TaDa
That's all I got.
Till next time.
Peace Out Y'all

©2014 Dave Squatch Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment