Friday 17 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - remembering/making shit up.


October 16 , 2014


     I don't even remember turning the alarm off at 8 am. Obviously I did because it was now 9:15.  I caught the tail end of Lisa as she made her way out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen. After all these years I still love the view. By the time I got my whiny, self pitying, sorry ass out of bed, the coffee was already on. Gotta like that.
     I'm still feeling the pressure in my kidney and my throat is still scratchy. I'm coughing up half eaten frogs and I'm a little bit achy so I think I probably just have a cold.  Just a cold? Tell that to the Grandkids. I was supposed to be running Papa Squatch Day Scare  today. 
I cancelled last night. I don't want to take a chance on giving this to the Grandkids. Though it would surely boost their immune system, if they survived!
As we were sitting having our coffee, Lisa said "Why haven't we heard about Adrian's headstone?" With the anniversary of his passing right around the corner, November 12, Adrian has been on our minds.
     Lisa called the Garden of Gethsemane where Adrian is interred. The woman who answered the phone said she would call back with the information shortly. We assumed that they would call back and tell us that the stone was ready and it was going to be installed soon.  Oh contraire Mon amis. Instead she told us it was entirely their fault, that a glitch with their email in July when we ordered the stone, prevented the order from being completed. "You're telling me that we have to wait another two months before we get the headstone?" Lisa asked
"Yes that's right" she said with an attitude that said, Oh well! That's when the roof came off the house! With the anniversary of Adrian's death approaching rapidly we couldn't imagine taking Momma Lee to an unmarked grave. Lisa was pissed!! She brought up everything from the amount of money we spent to the damage to the Grandkids psyche! She even worked up some tears. I don't mean to make it sound like she was faking tears. Lisa is a very emotional person, and she was terribly upset. 
They were very apologetic, but when Lisa had hung up it still looked like we would have no headstone for the anniversary. Now Lisa had to call all seven of Adrian's children and make them aware of what was going on. Lisa was really upset because she had taken on the responsibility of the headstone and felt that she had let the family down. And it's a big family! Between Adrian and Momma Lee they had eleven children.
     The phone rang and it was the Garden of Gethsemane calling back. They told us that they had put a rush on the headstone and were going to pick up the extra charges.
They promised it would be ready by November 6, a week before the anniversary. A big relief for Lisa! 
     Brother Steve and Lyndsey stopped by with a beautiful turkey pot pie that Steve had made and some fresh Chanterelle mushrooms he had picked. 
A boy and his turkey pot pie.
They were going to go mushroom picking down at Riverview. Since I'm just a whiny bag of mucus, I encouraged Lisa to go with them.
Lyndsey, mushroom bag lady
Judging by the pictures that Lisa brought back there were tons of mushrooms down there. They didn't pick any at all. I don't know why? I like mushrooms.


It was a good walk for the dogs for sure . They do have to stay on the leash and they don't like that.
Hey, don't water the mushrooms!
And of course there is always a spider!

     I made sockeye salmon salad for lunch mmm mmm good! Sockeye salmon, lime juice, pepper, green onions and mayonnaise. Lisa got home just in time to share in the bounty.
Mushroomless, but I still love her.
Sockeye Salmon Salad
     While they were gone the power went out twice. The first time only for a couple of minutes. The next time for about twenty minutes. It just came back on and I have to check to see whether or not I lost the stuff I was working on. I think I'll do that right now. 
     Yeah , it's gone. My high score on Luxor has been erased. "DAMN YOU BC HYDRO!!!"
I spent hours to get to nine million plus points. And for what? Nothing! Now that time was just wasted. What a Vidiot I am!
It was an amazing day of recovery for me. I spent the late afternoon and early evening playing computer games and watching sports.


 The San Fransisco Giants won and will represent the National League in the World Series
against Kansas City. New England came back to beat the Jets and the Canadiens of Montreal beat the Bruins of Boston.  I'm less of a Habs fan and more of a Bruin hater.
     Lisa made a nice dinner of leftovers. Here's a Lisa trick. To reheat ribs/chicken. Dry, BBQ sauced or any way you like. Place ribs/chicken on parchment paper on tin foil. Add a couple of table spoons of water, I sometimes use lime juice. Wrap it up like a tinfoil dumpling and put it in the oven at 350 for twenty minutes. The meat falls off the bones and never dries out.
Used meat, mmm mmm
I came out of Tiny TV Town where sports are allowed to enjoy a meal with the Lovely Lisa. Now matter how crazy her hours are I always try to have dinner with Lisa. 
Family fools is more like it
     Okay, I'm going to fess up. My dirty pleasure is Family Feud. I can't help it. It's like watching a train wreck. On the board, the top five answers to why Steve Harvey should be kicked in the nuts? The number one answer.....because He's a phony douchebag! Ding, ding, ding! He does have really nice teeth though. After a pleasant dinner with the stupidos on family feud I slunk back to TTVT for the end of the games. It ended hockey, baseball, football in that order. My thumb was whacked out from excessive remote usage. I barely had the thumb strength to switch it to Sports Center.
     By the time all the sports were all over, Lisa was asleep on the couch with a Mary Tyler Moore rerun winding down. I get it. That show puts me to sleep too. I sent her off to bed blowing kisses in her general direction from a sanitary distance. I have to say that at this moment, other than a slight tickle in my throat I feel pretty good. It's now 2am but I've only been at it for a half an hour. I used a speech to text program on my tablet then emailed it to me. Then I copied it to my blog. Way less typing and I can do it on the spot. Instead of remembering/making shit up.Here's some more fun-guy pics cause I stiffed you yesterday. And one flower!













That's all I got.
Till next time.
Peace Out Y'all

©2014 Dave Squatch Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment