Wednesday 29 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - the hell with it, I'm going to bed.

October 28 2014

Winter from the kitchen window

      I set the alarm for 7:45. I had Papa Squatch Dayscare going on today. Well at least I thought I had Papa Squatch Dayscare going on today. At 8:30 I was starting to worry, they're supposed to be dropped off at 8:15. I went to get my cell phone to call Christian and find out what happened. That's when I found the text message that Christian had sent me at 8 o'clock last night saying that he wouldn't be working today so he would have the kids. I've got them tomorrow. Well not really, on Wednesday Christo goes to preschool till noon and Bella is in grade one and doesn't get out of school till 2:45. On Tuesdays I get Christo all day. Then I have time to do things with him. He doesn't go to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
      So I was like a leaf in the wind. I had planned for us to ride the Skytrain from end to end. Sitting in the front window of the first car. Having lunch at the Quay after riding the Sea bus. I didn't know what to do so I did nothing. I spent hours trying to record a drum beat and I just couldn't get it right.
      Brother Steve showed up around lunch time. I tried to convince him that lunch at Tentatsu was in his immediate future. He said

he was there the day before yesterday or something like that. He begged off at any rate. I never even got to the part where I was gonna pay. Instead I just snacked. A little bit of leftover salad and some leftover pork.
      I spent the entire afternoon trying to record music with a minimum of success. I use this Garage Band program on my Mac
but I do it in my office which is pretty small. It's also pretty full
something is vibrating and it's being picked up by the microphone
and driving me nuts! In between frustrating takes I ran the dry mop around the floors, then I mopped the kitchen and the bathroom.
      I've been playing around with the drum beats on my Casio keyboard. All it has done, is made me realise how erratic my meter is. Not a huge difference and unnoticable without a back beat. But very noticeable when you have a steady beat behind it. Practise practise practise! That's what I need to do. A more better system of recording would probably help too. And maybe some musical ability would help. While I was lost in the music time just flew by. It was just after five o clock when the lovely Lisa called with my Ho warning to say she was on her way home with dinner. Time to do the clean up.

Lisa hopped  in the shower and was in bed by 7:15. I watch the Canucks game against the Carolina Hurricanes. Canucks looked very good and dominated them, we won the game 4-1. After the game I did my Wii Fitness(I'm as fit as a 20 year old) Well my wrist is anyway. Then I watched two episodes of the BBC series Sherlock, which is just finishing up.
      It was an absolutely miserable day today, here at the top of Blue Mountain. It did not stop raining for more than five minutes at a time and I still had to do the recycling and the garbage. I put it off and put it off all day long, waiting for the weather to break.
Needless to say, come 11 o'clock at night, I'm wrestling the recycling out to the curb not only in the rain but also in the dark.
It wasn't raining that hard when I started. I'm pretty sure it's because I was undercover sorting the recycling. When I had to put everything down to open the gate, that's when the skies let loose. It's 11:30 at night and I'm soaking wet. I hop in the shower then settle in to tell you guys about my day. It's 12:30 and I still have to add the pictures and transfer this to my mac. Ah, the hell with it. I'm going to bed.

That's all I got
Till next time
Peace out y'all


©2014 Dave Squatch Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment