Sunday 26 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - We're pretty good and you guys stink.

October 25 2014
Fall Colours

      I got out of bed about 8:30.  I wanted to finish the blog before the Seahawks game started at 10.  As it turned out I wouldn't have missed anything if I had got there at 11! Interceptions, fumbles, mistakes on nearly every play it seemed. The saving grace was Carolina was even worse. I was practising the lap steel while I was watching the game, it sounds more musical every time I play it. It was 6 - 3 at half time for Carolina. 
      The lovely Lisa had made some lunch for us, the last of the pulled pork. I tried to make pulled pork po' boys lettuce wraps.
They were tasty, but messy!

      While we were having lunch the Sun came out." We should go play golf Lisa" I said. "We can go right after the Seahawks game."
      The second half was much better. Okay, I lied. In 25 minutes of play in the second half, each team only managed to score 3 points!
Then with five minutes left, Seattle got the football back. All of a sudden Russell Wilson was Super Bowl Russell Wilson again. They moved the ball 80 yards and scored a touchdown to take a 13  to 9 lead with 47 seconds left in the game. Then the Seahawks defence, which is one of the best in the league, went nuts! Two sacks put them at 3rd and 25. The defence kept coming, Cam Newton looked more like Fig Newton. Seahawks win and I'm going to play golf. How great is that! 
      We are going to go play at Rupert Park pitch n putt which is closed for the winter. The only thing better than playing golf is playing golf for FREE! They send a guy around a couple of times a week to keep the greens mowed. The regulars made flag sticks out of actual sticks and Penzoil pennants. The city leaves the plastic  liners in the hole and they move the hole every few days to keep the greens healthy.
On our way to the golf course, we swung by Mama Lee's with last night's leftover sushi. 
Sushi Snack for Mama Lee
The food at her residence is pretty good, but its still institutional food. Very few spices and even less texture. To Mama Lee, day old sushi is better than birthday cake!
      When we got to Rupert Park pitch n putt it was unbelievably busy. I guess that's what free does and the Sun coming out didn't really help either. 

There was a threesome in front of us who had obviously not played golf before. We finished the first hole and they were still on the second tee box. I walked up and asked them if they mind if we played through. I said "We're pretty good, and you guys stink!" The one guy who obviously was the golfer laughed and said to go ahead. Fortunately both Lisa and I were at the side of the green. I took a par she took a four. Usually when you play through, you shank the ball horribly. 
      We spent the entire afternoon in beautiful sunshine. Which was good, because it got cold when you went into the shade. 

Lisa was not on her game today.

Woe is me
I beat her like a redheaded stepchild. Squatch 20 Lisa 5.
      We got home and got cleaned up. Lisa has a 3am call time, so she will be going to bed about 6:30. I took some moose steaks out of the freezer a couple of days ago. 

The Devlin's brought them down from Campbell River when they were here for the PNE. Lisa asked me to make her a Cheeseburger too because she wasn't sure if she would like the moose. I did it on the barbecue and screwed it up royally. 

If it was any drier, if it was any tougher, it would be a Nun at a Catholic school. It did have a lot of moose flavour. Lisa tasted it and passed. She prefers Chocolate Mousse!

I sliced it very thin and ate it all just on principle! It was pretty good jaw exercise.
      After dinner Lisa went to bed and I watched the Canucks game. Which is what I'm still doing it's the third period
and we are ahead by a goal.
      Today was weigh day. I should have weighed myself when I woke up this morning. Instead I just did it at 9:07 pm, after three meals and three glasses of sun tea. 

Since I haven't been able to exercise for 10 days or so, I'm pretty happy just to maintain.

      I have to be downtown at 9 o'clock in the morning. That means I have to be up at 6:30 am. I'm going to call it an early night.

That's all I got
Till next time
Peace Out Y'all

©2014 Dave Squatch Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment