Thursday 9 October 2014

Who's a Fat Bastard - One donut away from a tarp

October 8, 2014
Do you understand ?
     I learnt a long time ago that a funny thing happens when you do nothing. Nothing! It's not reasonable to think that you can stay fit sitting on the couch. But myself and huge, and I mean huge! numbers of people believe exactly that. As the ever expanding big and tall section at Walmart proudly displays 3x - 5x  $2.00 more. Is that not discrimination. It's not enough that you parade us chubbies past your inconveniently located McDonalds just to pay a fat tax at the till. 
     Even at my largest, 416 pounds, I was only a 4x. If you get big enough to wear a 5x T shirt, you need to be covered up! You get that big, you're one donut away from a tarp with a hole in the middle for your head. Have you seen the size of these things. They should send them to the middle east for use as emergency shelters. 
     I don't quite know how I got to there but obviously I did. Because it's there, right above this sentence. If I offended any fat people or middle eastern people or people who work at Walmart, life's hard, get over it. 
     The original point about doing nothing seems a long way away now, but if I can gather my thoughts I'm sure I can get back on track. The point is, I did my workout for the first time in five days, well most of it. I was surprised by the exercises I couldn't do.  I was able to do 1000 Four Stair Stretches with two pounds weights in each hand. I also couldn't take an in focus picture.

I had started holding the weights through the whole workout now. When I get up around eight or nine hundred reps I start to get a little lazy. Until I bounce the two pound steel tipped weight off my shin.
2lb shin bashers

Then I did 200 One Stair Steps still holding the weights. I thought this would be hard with my groin but I actually had no issue in the groinial regard. It was harder than it was the last time I did it. No pain I just felt that I was more winded.

The Belly Crunches and the Situps were a no go. I could feel the strain in my groin on the first Crunch. I seem to remember reading about athletes with groin issues riding stationary bikes, so I gave it a try. The Iron Maiden can be tough on me at the best of times. If she senses I'm injured I'm done for.
I watched the first episode of the BBC series Sherlock. It's quite good and before I knew it, I had pedalled for ninety minutes and it was time to go pick up Christo from pre school. 
     I called to my trusty companions, Elvis and Nutmeg " Who wants to go out?" That's like saying "Who wants Free Beer" at a frat house. Elvis is barking his head off and Nutmeg is up on her back legs pawing at my knees. 
     I picked up Christo and we went to Como Lake. We are going to visit Momma Lee but it's her lunch time right now. I try not to be there when the residents are eating. It's not pretty sometimes. That's okay because Christo loves the lake. The dogs do too.
Christo at Como Lake
Twice around the lake, takes twice as long with Christo and the two dogs It was overcast and grey but a nice temperature for walking.
We went over to Momma Lee's for a visit. Christo is always very sweet with Momma Lee and she lights up when he comes into the room. We sat out in the courtyard and talked about this weekend, when we feast. Two turkeys and two hams and a beautiful Sockeye Salmon from our neighbours Rod and Toni. Oh yeah, and twenty four thankful friends and family. Thankful they don't have to cook dinner for twenty-four people. 
     I don't know if he's the average modern four year old, if they all somehow learn this stuff while in the womb. He beat me at Wii bowling. 191 -188. He's four!!! It's my Wii!!!! 
Wii beat down for Papa
I beat him the second game.... I did!! Then his Dad showed up. He's lucky, I was on a roll, get it, bowling...roll???
     Lisa got home bushed from another long day feeding the rich and famous. I was just waiting for the Canucks game to start. That's when I opened the cupboard under the sink and found water. Never a good sign. I cleaned it up,  but I'll see to the repair tomorrow.
     Tonight is opening night for the NHL. Go Canucks Go.
Canuckle heads of the world unite!
And unlike the Maple Loafs, we did. Go that is. 4-2 over the Calgary Flameouts. I am going to bed happy. Lisa is done for the week and I smell golf in my future.

That's all I got.
Till next time.
Peace Out Y'all


©2014 Dave Squatch Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment